Ag Advisory Board
The AG Advisory Board’s Role In The Property Tax System
Sec. 6.12 of the Texas’s Property Tax Code, requires chief appraisers to appoint an agricultural appraisal advisory board. The legislature created this advisory board to help improve communications between the farming and ranching community and the appraisal district. The board’s purpose is to advise the chief appraiser on the appraisal and use of agricultural land.
Ag boards must have three to five members and meet at least once annually at the call of the chief appraiser, as required in Tax Code Section 6.12. By appointing the required Ag board and conducting the required annual meetings the board and chief appraiser support the CAD in improving its appraisal and classification of agricultural land.
|Ag Advisory Board Members|
- BOD Agenda-03/22/2018
- Productivity Appraisal Article
- Remember to Render Article
- Homestead Exemption Article
- Updated Property Tax Information Now Available for 2018
- Appraisers To Begin Field Work
- Understanding Your Property Taxes
- New Privacy Law Makes Some Residential Information Unavailable on Appraisal District Websites
Pittsburg, TX 75686