Welcome to Camp Central Appraisal District
Camp CAD’s lobby is now open to the public as of Monday, October 5th. We will adhere to the COVID policy adopted by the Camp CAD’s Board of Directors.
- It is mandatory you wear a mask when entering the office, and while in the office.
- It is mandatory all entering the office will have their temperature taken and use hand sanitizer at the door. Any individuals with a temperature 99 or over will not be permitted in.
- Only 3 individuals will be allowed in at one time. Only one person per family.
ATTENTION ENTRANTS: Everyone is required to wear a face mask or covering while on the premises.
Camp CAD mailed the 2020 tax statements on Friday, October 2, 2020. You can also make a payment online by clicking the “Pay Taxes Online” link above. If you need assistance with a credit/debit card payment, call our office and we will be glad to help you. You may utilize our drop box located on the east side of the building (cashier’s check, money order or personal check only in drop box – *NO CASH*). If you are Over 65 or Disabled and would like to take advantage of the Quarter Pay Option, please call to have your account set up for this option. Please remember this option must be requested and set up each year and the first payment made before February 1st.
I encourage you to call or email the office anytime you have a concern or question, my staff and I are here to assist you.
Jan Tinsley, Chief Appraiser
Click here to keep track of the latest updates regarding appraisal news relating to COVID-19.
The Appraisal District’s policy follows PISD concerning opening/closing due to inclement weather.
The main objective and prime purpose of this District is to provide uniform methods to establish fair and equitable values for all types of property located within the boundaries of Camp County for the purpose of ad valorem taxation. Camp Central Appraisal District is dedicated to serving the citizens of Camp County.
The Camp Central Appraisal District appraises property for ad valorem taxation for the following taxing authorities.
- Camp County
- Road & Bridge
- Pittsburg ISD
- City of Pittsburg
- City of Rocky Mound
- North East Texas Community College
The duties of the appraisal district include:
- The determiniation of market value of taxable property
- The administration of exemptions and special valuations authorized by the
local entities and the State of Texas
Tax rates and ultimately the amount of taxes levied on property are determined by governing bodies of each of the taxing authorities. Mineral, utility and industrial accounts are appraised for the district by Capitol Appraisal Group in Austin, Texas.
Real estate and personal property accounts are appraised locally by the district.
Jan Tinsley, Chief Appraiser
- Updated Property Tax Info Now Available for 2021
- Camp CAD Appraisers Will Begin Field Work
- Protest and Appeal Procedures
- Property Taxpayer Remedies
- Productivity Appraisal
- Remember to Render!
- Homestead Exemptions
- Understanding Your Property Taxes
- New Privacy Law Makes Some Residential Information Unavailable on Appraisal District Websites