Rendering Business Personal Property

January 21, 2020

Camp Central Appraisal District Reminds Businesses to Render their Taxable Property by April 15

 If you own tangible personal property that is used to produce income, you must file a

rendition with the Camp Central Appraisal District by April 15.

A rendition is a report that lists all the taxable property you owned or controlled on Jan.

1 of this year. Property includes inventory and equipment used by a business. Owners

do not have to render exempt property, such as church property or an agriculture

producer’s equipment used for farming.


“The appraisal district may use the information submitted in the rendition to set property

values,” said Chief Appraiser, Jan Tinsley.


You can also file a report of decreased value to notify the appraisal district of significant

depreciation of your property. “For example, if your property was damaged by a storm,

flood or fire last year, you should file a report of decreased value. The appraisal district

will look at your property before assigning a value,” said Tinsley.


For most property types, renditions must be filed after Jan. 1 and no later than April 15.

Different deadlines apply in certain appraisal districts. A property owner may apply, in

writing, for a mandatory extension to May 15.


Different deadlines apply for regulated properties.


A 10 percent to 50 percent penalty may be imposed if a rendition is filed late,

incomplete or not at all. Property owners who need more time to file their renditions may

file a written request with the chief appraiser on or before the rendition deadline to

receive an automatic extension.

The chief appraiser may extend the deadline another 15 days for good cause shown in

writing by the property owner for each type of property.


For more information about rendering property, deadline extensions, penalties and

rendition forms, taxpayers may contact the Camp Central Appraisal District at

143 Quitman Street Pittsburg, TX 75686, (903) 856-6538. Information is also available from the

Comptroller’s Property Tax Assistance Division’s website at