Understanding The Property Tax Process
Understanding The Property Tax System
Property taxes are local taxes that provide the largest source of money local governments use to pay for schools, streets, roads, police, fire protection and many other services. Texas law establishes the process followed by local officials in determining the value for property, ensuring that values are equal and uniform, setting tax rates and collecting taxes. Texas has no state property tax. The Legislature has authorized local governments to collect the tax. The state does not set tax rates, collect taxes or settle disputes between you and your local governments.
- Board Meeting Called: Thursday April 22
- Productivity Appraisal
- Remember to Render!
- Homestead Exemptions
- Updated Property Tax Info Now Available for 2021
- Camp CAD Appraisers Will Begin Field Work
- Protest and Appeal Procedures
- Property Taxpayer Remedies
- Understanding Your Property Taxes
- New Privacy Law Makes Some Residential Information Unavailable on Appraisal District Websites